Projects involving economic analysis or using economics skills.
Some projects also involved extensive use of quantitative skills.
Compliance and reporting issues
- Designed system to monitor real estate prices during period of rapidly rising prices (Cambodia).
- EFT [Electronic Funds Transfer]: Treasury/TPC [Trade Practices Commission] report on disputes resolution (The Treasury, Canberra).
- Participated in the annual prudential meeting with the Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Designed a reporting suite for credit risk portfolio management system (China).
Country risk analysis
- Designed a presentation on the Cambodian economy for ongoing internal use(Cambodia).
- Report: ‘Papua New Guinea: a country assessment’ (The Treasury, Canberra).
- Oversight of Economic unit’s contributions to CDRI’s [Cambodia Development Resource Institute] publication programme (monthly, quarterly and annual publications).
- Papers written
- ‘Trade in services policy’ (The Treasury, Canberra).
- ‘Partly-paid shares’ (The Treasury, Canberra).
- ‘Options markets’ (The Treasury, Canberra).
- Investigated a proposal to join the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA) (The Treasury, Canberra).
Client-defined analytical projects
- Trade in services policy (The Treasury, Canberra).
- Issues with retail banking in USA.
- Analysis of a USA regional economy.
- UK non-bank financial intermediaries.
- Constructed a Daily Consumer Price Index using prices reported in a daily newspaper (Cambodia).
- Developed a system to analyse monthly Consumer Price Index data in a period of very high inflation (Cambodia).
- Developed an approach to make the ‘Liquidity Framework’ analysis fully operational (Cambodia).
- Developed an Effective Exchange Rate Index (Cambodia).
- Rebuilt a Provincial Basic Consumer Price Index for Cambodia.